No one wants to deal with a broken air conditioner in the middle of summer. If you're faced with this problem, however, it's important to know what your options are for AC repair.
What to do if your AC is not cooling?
If your air conditioner is not cooling, there are a few things you can do before calling an AC repair company, including:
- Setting. Check to see if the thermostat is set to 'cool'. As strange as that may sound, an AC repair is often as simple as making sure the unit is turned on correctly.
- Filter. Clogged filters are one of the most common reasons for an AC unit to stop working properly. Try changing the filter and see if that gets the unit going again.
- Condenser coils. If the coils on the condenser are dirty, they won't be able to do their job properly. Clean the coils with a garden hose and see if that does the trick.
- Refrigerant levels. If the refrigerant is low, it won't be able to cool the air properly. You'll need to have an AC repair company add more refrigerant.
Additionally, if your unit is still not cooling after trying these simple tips, it's probably time to call an AC repair company. They will be able to diagnose the problem and get your AC unit up and running again in no time.
How to tell if you need a new AC unit?
There are a few signs that indicate you may need a new AC unit, including:
- Age. If your unit is more than 10 years old, it may be time for a replacement. Experts suggest that well-made AC units only last 12 to 17 years.
- Increased energy bills. If your energy bills are steadily increasing, even when you haven't changed your usage, it could be time for a new, more efficient unit.
- Frequent repairs. If you find yourself calling for AC repair more and more often, it may be time to replace the unit before it breaks down completely.
If you're not sure whether you need a new AC unit, the best thing to do is call an AC repair company for a consultation. They will be able to assess your unit and let you know whether a replacement is necessary.
How to find a reputable AC repair company?
There are a few things you can do to make sure you find a reputable AC repair company, including:
- Ask for recommendations. Talk to your friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any AC repair companies they recommend.
- Do your research. Once you have a few companies in mind, research them to make sure they are reputable and have a good track record.
- Check reviews. Read online reviews to get an idea of what other customers have thought of the companies you are considering.
If you follow these tips, you should be able to find a reputable AC repair company that can help you with whatever AC repair issue you are having. For more information, contact an AC repair company such as Advanced Air Conditioning and Heat.